AM LIT: In Emily Dickinson’s “I Felt a Funeral, in My Brain,” the speaker experiences a mind that seems to work against her. Sometimes our own thoughts can make a situation feel worse than it actually is.

 I once thought I was not enough for that person and it destroyed me in a way that I never saw coming because I thought I’m not being enough for that person or I’m not giving my best and that made me hurt own feelings and my self esteem . Even though that person was always there for me always telling me “yes you’re enough for me”. Maybe the thought of becoming  perfect for that person made the situation worse it consumed me little by little every day. Now I look back and realize that now that person is gone and even though I truly tried to be better, to become perfect for that person I wasn’t able to see my actual flaws.


Reflection: No matter how hard you try sometimes you already are giving your best and you just can’t do nothing else. But that doesn’t mean to try and be better at something’s that aren’t too good. If people tell you “ you are perfect, you are already giving me your best” believe them because sometimes we just have to accept that you’re already giving your best for them.


Summary: There will be problems that will consume you, that will make your mind wander and overthink. 

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

AM LIT: Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?

MULTI LIT: Today, we started our discussion about culture and food. What is one dish from your culture that is a must-have as a representation of your culture? Identify the dish and explain what it is and why it is significant.