MULTI LIT: Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?
Well this might sound funny but sometimes people think that I’m Mexican or from somewhere else in Latin America. I don’t really care about that since I guess people just have the idea that if you have a Hispanic or Latino accent they go straight to think that you are from another country. But once I tell people why I have an accent and that I was born in the United States they apologize or say “ oh I thought you were from this country because of your accent”.
Reflection: People are always going to have stereotypes based on what they see and what they think. For example people might think I work in construction or somewhere you are under the sun most of the time but I actually been working on a cafe and the restaurant industry, and yes I have worked under the sun but just long enough to have my arms tanned.
Summary: Stereotypes is something normal on every day life and some people say it out loud while others just don’t say it and keep it to themselves.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario