AM LIT: Today, we learned about the two types of characterization: direct and indirect characterization. We then applied what we learned by analyzing characters from James Baldwin’s “The Rockpile” using the STEAL method: Speech, Thoughts, Effect on Others, Actions, and Looks. Now, apply characterization to yourself. If someone were using the STEAL method to characterize you, how would they describe you? Select all parts of STEAL and explain what they reveal about your personality.

 Well, if someone were to use STEAL on me, I’ll probably say that the first thing they will notice is my speech the way I talk and my heavy accent because my first language is Spanish so they will probably think oh he is not from around here although I’m born in America my first language or my accent might make people think otherwise. Then I have to say it’s my looks probably my hair and my skin color. They will most definitely think oh he is Hispanic he is maybe from somewhere from central or south America or out west from North America. Then I think we’ll be my actions maybe the things that I like because I like motorsports I like anything that has to do with engines. I like adrenaline I like to take a bit of risk. About my thoughts I don’t really think someone would care about my thoughts, but if it were too, I will say maybe what I’m planning to do in the future. Lastly the effect I have around others might be the fact that I’m always there for people really supportive. I’m always trying to make people smile when they’re not having a great day or maybe just trying to be a good friend or classmate.


Reflection: we as humans or persons in general we always use STEAL to categorize or like to get an idea of how a person is. It’s something natural. We don’t even think too much about it until they ask us like in class.

SUMMARY: I might have some things in common with others I might not, but the things that I have in common with them makes them my friends that’s how we make friends because we might have close things for certain things that we like from each other so still is in my opinion the way we make friends

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

AM LIT: Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?

MULTI LIT: Today, we started our discussion about culture and food. What is one dish from your culture that is a must-have as a representation of your culture? Identify the dish and explain what it is and why it is significant.