Multi Lit : In Fences, Lyons asks his father, Troy, to lend him money. Do you think adult children should ask their parents to borrow money, or should they be expected to handle their financial problems on their own?

 No even I as a 15 year old I would rather look for other options such as looking for a job or waiting for holidays or my birthday. Because I feel like I’m a burden or a weight every time I ask them for money because I know that they have to pay rent, pay bills and buy groceries. I know how hard it’s for them to get the money and I sometimes feel bad because I’m just putting my hand expecting to receive some of their hard earned money. So no even me a 15 year old decides to help his parents pay bills even if just a few hundred dollars now and then. I rather that than looking at my parents struggling. 


Reflection: Learning that when you are an adult you can’t run to mom or dad for money unless it’s an emergency, and not all the time it’s an emergency. So learning how to earn your own money it key to a successful independence and helping your parents when they need it. Because independence it’s not only living by yourself but also becoming a responsible adult learning that rent, utilities, and work won’t wait for you.


Summary: Don’t always expect your parents to be there for you because there will be a time when you will leave them and build your own life, your own home, and your own family.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

AM LIT: Talk about a time when you had to write a poem, whether it was for an assignment, event, or special occasion. What was the writing process like for you, and were you proud of the finished product?

MULTI LIT: Today, we started our discussion about culture and food. What is one dish from your culture that is a must-have as a representation of your culture? Identify the dish and explain what it is and why it is significant.